With this funny and delicious recipe, there is really no excuse for not eating vegetables! Surprise your family and friends this Christmas with these delicious and original brussels sprouts pralines! Great as a dessert with a nice port or dessert wine. I’m quite sure you’ll be positively surprised!
What you’ll need:
- 500 gr brussels sprouts
- Bar / piece of your favorite white or dark chocolate
- Garnish according to taste and style
- Steam the sprouts until al dente in approx. 12 -15 minutes (depending on size). No steamer? Then cook until al dente in about 10 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Use a sharp kitchen knife and cut the white chocolate into equal pieces, about 0.5 – 1.5 cm in size. You can also break the chocolate into pieces with your hands, or you can grate it. This is only necessary if you use a chocolate bar. If you use chocolate pieces, you can melt them without making them smaller.
- If you use white chocolate, preferably melt it “Au-bain-marie“. White chocolate has a very low burning point of around 44 ºC. This method gives you the most control over the temperature, so it usually works well.
- Fill a pan with a layer of water of approximately 2.5 cm. Heat it over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Test the water level by hanging the tray in as soon as the water boils. Take it out again after 30 seconds to see if it’s wet at the bottom. If it is, remove some water from the pan and try again.
- Make sure the tray fits properly in the pan. If possible, use a tray with an edge that falls over the edge of the pan underneath. Make sure that the bottom of the tray does not touch the surface of the water.
- Now skewer the sprouts and dip it in the chocolate.
- Garnish, while the chocolate is still hot and liquid, with your favorite garnish (for extra taste, color and style).
- Put in the fridge and let it set.
- Remove the chocolate sprout from the fridge 1 hour before serving.
Check out the complete Sitting Chef Christmas Menu HERE!