This egg-free egg salad is something incredible. And that is because of the special dark Kala Namak salt. This salt is also called “Indian Black Salt”. It is pure and unrefined black salt with a unique, sulfuric taste that tastes like boiled eggs.
I usually make this egg salad with chickpeas but sometimes with tofu, and sometimes with chickpeas ánd tofu. Just see what you like best (in terms of structure and taste). The way of preparing is exactly the same. It’s best to crumble the tofu by hand, to keep the structure egg-like. If you like a more ‘creamy’ egg-salad, then I suggest that you use a hand blender.
- 1 can of chickpeas, well rinsed
- Pinch (approx. 1/2 tsp) of Kala Namak salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Some fresh parsley or chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Hellmann’s vegan mayonnaise
- Puree the chickpeas briefly with a hand blender
- Add salt, turmeric, pepper, fresh herbs and mayonnaise
- Fill half an avocado with it