Chickpeas are an amazing source of minerals and protein. They have a good amount of fiber to help your digestive tract, unique supply of anti-oxidants, help with better regulation of blood sugar and increased chances of satiety and hence weight control. What more could we want as wheelchair users?
- I large pot chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- Himalayan salt or freshly ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Drain and rinse a pot/can of chickpeas in a colander. (Or cook the overnight soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles until tender).
- Drain them well, shaking excess water and let air dry or pat dry with towel.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, 1 tsp salt (or to taste), 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp Garam masala and toss to coat the chickpeas well.
- Spread the chickpeas onto parchment lined baking sheet/pan in a single layer and bake for 35-50 minutes until crispy, shaking pan twice or so in the middle of cooking.
- Check in between for crispness.
- You want them just about done, not hard like a stone.
- They will continue to harden a bit once out of the oven too.
- Serve warm or let cool and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container.